I am not a trained chef like my mom, or an amazing cook like my dad, or even a domestic goddess (well, I might be that a little). I'm a mom and a planner. A working mom, who although I put in a full day at work, still needs to put food in the tummy's of my family every night. Apparently, they need to eat. I would be fine with a bowl of cereal for dinner, but I've come to accept the reality that Johnson boys need their meals...and I'm the one to make it happen. But it takes a team of people, a lot of planning, a bit of creativity, and a dash of great timing. This is dinner time at the Johnson's.
I've been told I should blog our plan of attack and methods to getting food on the table every night. I have not perfected the process yet, but would love to lend any support or advice to other mom's or dad's in the world that could use a boost. This is a tough job, but can be made just a little easier each week.
I went to a cooking class a couple years ago and it lit a fire in me. Plan ahead and it'll take a HUGE load off the rest of the days of the week. At first, it took a chunk of time even to plan but the more you do it the more you have tricks and menu ideas that come together easier and easier. If I can do this, you can do this.
I would love for anyone to follow me and, if anything, just make me feel great about my meal planning :). But, hopefully, you'll get something out of it, too!
Welcome to my blog. I'm excited to take this journey with you.
Looking forward to tips for planning....so hard
ReplyDelete