Sunday - Crispy chicken in creamy italian sauce w/ bowtie pasta
new recipe from pinterest - http://jamiecooksitup.net/2011/04/crispy-chicken-with-creamy-italian-sauce-and-bowtie-pasta/
- We used Rigatoni instead of bowtie (My husband says Farfalle is to farfrilly.)
Tips and tricks: This was soooooo..... good! If cooking for more than 4 people, I would double the batch. You'll want seconds. Also, the sauce calls for 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and I probably would have just done one. We don't cook with MSG, so we use an organic brand (Pacific), but Campbell's would be good if that's what you prefer. So just a reminder, I picked up a pack of chicken (6 breasts) and used 3 for this recipe and 3 for prepping / freezing for later.
Monday - Carnitas tacos
http://www.fronterafiesta.com/store/seasoning-sauces/garlicky-carnitas-slow-cook-sauce/27-116
Served on tacos with BBQ Sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray's), shredded cheese, green onions, cilantro, and sour cream
- You just need the sauce and a boneless pork shoulder roast
Tips and tricks: First, we buy shredded cheese. Let's face it, it is a massive time saver in the long run. We love the Lucerne brand at our house and, like I've said before, we love cheese! We go through a bag a week. Just sayin'. If you haven't given in yet, try it. Second, I planned this meal for a Monday, so pre-chopped my veggies Sunday night. I usually try to line up the recipes with fresh stuff closer to the first of the week. Last, I am IN LOVE with these slow cooker sauces. I just do my own thing with them though. This one calls for searing and dutch oven, etc. but I just plop it in the crock pot on low in the morning with pork and sauce and it's perfect at the end of the work day. Shred it with your forks and ready to serve.
Tuesday - Carnitas leftovers...the recipe makes a ton.
Wednesday - Chicken Parmesan Casserole
new recipe from Pinterest - http://thrivinghomeblog.com/2013/07/chicken-parmesan-casserole-recipe-an-easy-freezer-meal/
- We used our frozen chicken breasts (pre-cooked and pre-chopped)
- I bet the rest of the ingredients you already have in your cupboard
Tips and tricks: This is the perfect example why frozen cooked chicken is so handy to have in the freezer. I put my freezer bag of cooked (chopped) chicken in the fridge the night before and the next morning it was perfectly defrosted and ready to make this SUPER EASY casserole to be baked that night. It seriously took me about 6 minutes to throw together. So good with spaghetti noodles. All hubby had to do was bake the casserole, then heat up noodles. And done. I will do this one again for sure. And it really stretched. One casserole fed us for 2 nights with 2nd helpings. Kids loved it.
Thursday - The 2nd night of the Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Friday - Sorry, I was so darn tired this night that I admit it was what we call a "free for all" night. Find something in the kitchen and eat it. I guess we could call it "fend for yourself" night, too. What did my babies eat, you ask? Um, PB&J. Just being honest. It doesn't always look like Donna Reed lives here. Ok, it never looks like that!
Saturday - Carnitas Nachos
- Cookie sheet or large casserole dish
- Spread favorite tortilla chips
- Layer with leftover carnitas (heat in microwave and mix with BBQ sauce), healthy amounts of cheese (remember we love that stuff), chopped white onion
- Bake in the oven at 350 for approx 10 minutes
- Remove when perfectly gooey and melted (maybe even a little crisp if you like it that way)
- Add fresh cut tomato, green onion, and sour cream
So that's what our week looked like. I really want to hear if anything is working for all of you. Keep me posted on your progress! Happy cooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment